I know everybody want to root there phone for super user permissions, but this is not easy to root a Xiaomi phone. First you need to unlock bootloader of your Xiaomi device, then it’s a easy task to root your phone. In this tutorial, I will share a detailed guide on “How to unlock bootloader of Any Xiaomi smartphone”.
Step by Step guide to unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi smartphone:
- Fist of all login with MI account in your phone. If you don’t have one, you can create it on any of your Xiaomi device or PC/Laptop.
- Now download the official Mi Flash Unlock tool on you windows PC or laptop ->open it up ->hit agree-> and login with your account.
- Here you will get “Your Device is Not Supported by Mi Unlock”. Don’t get worried and click on “Go”.
- It will redirect you to en.miui.com/unlock. On this page click on unlock now. For this you need to login to your MI account again.
- Now you need to write an application to Xiaomi. Write it in your own words with reason, e.g. Want to use customer ROM, Want to be a beta tester etc.
- Now click on apply now. You will get an OTP on your registered phone number. Enter that OTP and click on “Apply”.
- You will get an update via SMS that your unlock request is approved. It might take 5-15 days.
- You are good to go for unlocking bootloader. Now go to Mi flash unlock tool on your PC, login with you Mi account.
- You need to connect your phone in fastboot mode.
- To boot your phone in fastboot mode, switch it off. Now press and hold Volume Down and Power key together.
- Once your phone will boot in to fastboot mode connect it to your PC via USB cable. Now your PC will recognize your phone and you will see unlock button. Click on unlock button.
- Allow 10-15 minutes as this process with take time. Once process is done it will show you an option says reboot, click on it.